Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

What papers do I need when I start a divorce case in Ontario?

Return to Video FAQs


The documents that you will need to file an application for simple divorce will be your marriage certificate. If you were married in a foreign country or if the marriage certificate is not in the english language, that marriage certificate must be translated by a certified translator and you will …

If there are minor children of the marriage, you will also need to have either your separation agreement detailing how your arrangements with respect to support of the children, and custody, and access have been met. Or in the alternative, an informal written agreement between the spouses to also satisfy a court that the children’s arrangements with respect to support and visitation have been dealt with between the spouses.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn