Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Once I get married, how can I bring my spouse to the U.S.?

Return to Video FAQs


Once you’re married and your spouse is overseas, you will need to first file a family petition or an I-130. And once that petition is approved, the file will be transferred to the National Visa Center. The National Visa Center will contact your spouse and yourself to provide additional information. Once that step is done, the file will be transferred to the US Consulate that has jurisdiction of your spouse’s case.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn