Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

My spouse lost their job and stopped paying child support. What do I do?

Return to Video FAQs


If your spouse has lost their employment and they’re unable to make child support payments and if the child support payments are a court order, they must contact a family lawyer to explore their options on filing a motion to change their support payments. In Ontario, child support payments that are court ordered will be enforced by an agency called the Family Responsibility Office. This agency will continue to enforce payments regardless of your spouse’s change of circumstances unless you file a motion and vary the existing court order to change the amount of child support payments that the spouse is making for their children.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn