Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

My child was born overseas. Can they become a United States citizen?

Return to Video FAQs


If your child was born overseas, your child may have acquired citizenship. I would suggest that you contact the US Consulate. Maybe you’ll be able to apply for the child’s passport. Or if that’s not available to you, based on the citizenship rules, your child may acquire citizenship, but you will have to apply for the certificate at USCIS Office.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn