Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Zagazeta Garcia LLP Motto
  • Affordable & Effective Legal Services
  • ~
  • Free Consultation

Mississauga US Business-Based Immigration Lawyer

Zagazeta Garcia Lawyers LLP provide both US and Canadian immigration services. Our US immigration practice is focused mainly in business-based immigration services. For instance, we help Canadians wishing to cross over to the US for business purposes. We have helped individuals with business or trade in the US currently, as well as Canadians who are retiring and wish to relocate to the US to set up a new business or purchase an existing business in the United States. Call our office in Mississauga, Ontario for assistance with your business-based immigration needs on the US side of the border.

Visas for Canadian Professional Workers

A TN or NAFTA visa allows Mexican and Canadian professional workers to enter the U.S. on a temporary, non-immigrant visa. The applicant should have a prearranged job with a U.S. employer on a full-time or part-time basis. Qualifying NAFTA professionals include engineers, scientists, accountants, lawyers, teachers and pharmacists.

As a Canadian citizen, you can seek TN classification at the port of entry without applying for a visa in advance. You will still need to show proof of citizenship, a detailed letter from your prospective employer, and any credentials evaluation that may be required.

The TN visa is good for up to three years, and extensions are available. Also, you may be able to bring your spouse and children with you under this visa. They may not work but are allowed to study in the U.S. Our immigration lawyers can help you understand everything you need to know for a successful NAFTA visa.

Investors and Entrepreneurs

E-1 Treaty Trader – The E-1 non-immigrant visa can enable a person to enter the United States for the purpose of engaging in international trade. Nationals of countries who maintain a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States (including Canada) are eligible to apply for an E-1 visa. Generally, a treaty trader is someone who is seeking to conduct trade on his or her own behalf, although in certain cases an employee of an eligible individual or a qualifying organization may also qualify as an E-1 treaty trader.

E-2 Treaty Investors – A national of a treaty country (such as Canada) who wishes to invest a substantial amount of capital in a United States business may apply for admittance to the U.S. through the E-2 non-immigrant visa. Certain employees of treaty investors may also be eligible for an E-2 visa.

A treaty trader or treaty investor who is in the country on a lawful immigration status may apply for a change of status to permanent residence, but this is more difficult if the trader or investor is outside of the country. E-1 or E-2 investors who make substantial investments above $1,000,000 (or $500,000 in a targeted rural area or an area with exceptionally high unemployment) can also petition for permanent immigration status.

Experienced Business-Based Immigration Lawyers

Zagazeta Garcia Lawyers LLP maintains a robust Canadian and US immigration law practice and is one of the few companies in the area which are well-versed and experienced in the complicated areas of E-1 and E-2 visas. For practical legal advice and effective assistance, call Zagazeta Garcia Lawyers LLP in Mississauga at 905-232-0398, or contact us online for a free consultation about your needs.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation