Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

I am a Canadian employer. How do I obtain a Canada work permit for a foreign worker?

Return to Video FAQs


If you’re a Canadian employer and you would like to hire a foreign worker, you can apply either two ways. The first one would be to first apply for an LMIA, which is a Labor Market Impact Assessment. Once it’s approved, your foreign worker will be able to apply for a work permit, however, you can also obtain a work permit if the foreign worker is eligible for inter-company transferring for example, and they will be exempt from the LMIA process.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn