Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

How do I get a fiance visa for my girlfriend or boyfriend to travel to the United States?

Return to Video FAQs


You can get a fiance visa also commonly known as the K-1 by filing a petition to the US CIS center that has jurisdiction over your case. Once that K1 has been approved, it will be transferred to the National Visa Center for further processing.

Once NVC finalizes your case, that case will be transmitted to the U.S. Consulate that has jurisdiction over your fiance’s case.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn