Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Zagazeta Garcia LLP Motto
  • Affordable & Effective Legal Services
  • ~
  • Free Consultation

Does my ex-husband have to continue to pay spousal support if I am now living with another man?

Return to Video FAQs


In Ontario a higher income spouse may have to pay special support to a lower income spouse in the event of marriage breakdown. There are certain factors to consider when determining whether you may have to pay spousal support or receive spousal support. Some factors may be the length of marriage, the ability of the payer to make payments on this spousal support, and the difference in income between the spouses.

If you believe that you may be entitled to receive spousal support, or if you were wondering if you have to pay spousal support, you should contact a family lawyer to assist you in those options.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation