Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Can my spouse tell me that I cannot see my kids?

Return to Video FAQs


A spouse may unilaterally and unreasonably withhold children from the visiting parent. If the access time that you have with your children has been court-ordered, by frustrating the time with the children or not allowing you to see them, that person is breaching a court order and you can seek legal remedies to enforce their order. If the time spent with your children has been made based on an informal agreement between the spouses, then you may apply to court to have a formal court order to determine the access that you will have with the children.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn