Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Zagazeta Garcia LLP Motto
  • Affordable & Effective Legal Services
  • ~
  • Free Consultation

Can my child’s other parent be ordered to pay for our child’s college education in Ontario?

Return to Video FAQs


In Ontario, a child’s college or university education is considered a Section 7 expense, which falls under the umbrella of child support. Both parents have the legal obligation to pay for the child’s educational expense. If one parent is unwilling to pay for such expense, you may apply to court to obtain an order to enforce such payments.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation