Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Can I become a citizen if I am married to an American citizen?

Return to Video FAQs


If you are married to a US citizen, you will become a US permanent resident first. However, you will be able to apply for US citizenship once you’ve been a US permanent resident for at least three years. If you meet those requirements, you will be eligible to apply for US citizenship.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn